Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm getting too old for this

This blog is called ravings from a media madman for a reason, I suppose. It's a place for me to complain about technology and other things that bother me. Perhaps I am just getting to old to understand all of these gadgets most people take for granted.
I have been using a Flip Video Camera for the last few days. Officially I am getting to know the ins and outs of the camera so once my students begin using them I can answer questions they might have.
Unofficially, I am having a blast playing with the camera.
The software, though, is becoming a bit of a pain. Just figuring out how to save a video in the proper spot was a bit of a challenge. Uploading videos to YouTube and e-mailing them are relatively easy.
Posting the videos on my Web site is another matter. I have chatted with tech people until I am almost blue in the face and my videos still do not show up the way they are supposed to when I add content to my site. In fact, they don't show up at all.
I am settled for posting links to YouTube where they work just fine.
The videos are in the proper format. They work just fine everywhere except my Web site. I can't figure it out. I really can't.
So, for now, it is back to playing with the camera before I turn it over to my students. Maybe they can show me why the videos won't post on my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment