Friday, March 12, 2010

I have pre-ordered an ipad

OK. I did it. I pre-ordered an iPad. I went with the 3G model and the largest amount of memory available.
I also ordered a keyboard docking station and an Apple case. Of course, an extended warranty, an Apple Care plan, was necessary.
Let's just say that my last notebook computer didn't cost much more.
I just got a notice from Apple that my order for the protection plan has been canceled because my home state (Kentucky) has as of yet not approved its sale.
I assume that will change as a delivery date approaches.
Since I do not have an iPhone or a fancy cell phone with a data plan, I decided to pass on the wi fi version of the iPad that will be released on April 3. That means waiting a while to play with this new device, but the 3G will permit me to cruise the web anywhere I wish using a relatively cheap data plan.
I can hardly wait to cruise the web while in the middle of nowhere. (Yes, I really need to be able to do that. Read sarcasm).
Yes, I am a gadget freak. Today at my office I received five new Flip Video cameras. I was like a kid at Christmas though they are intended for student use. I will have to play with them, only to learn how they work so I can assist students. Right? The camera is simple to use and easily imports video to a computer through a built in USB port.
So far I am impressed.
I only hope the iPad will please me as much. It doesn't have a USB port, though, so I will have to get a bit creative to mate the Flip Camera and the iPad.
I've got about six weeks to figure out how to do that. It's going to be like Christmas in late April
I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment