Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lady Gaga? Take me back to the 1980s

My daughter phoned us just a few minutes ago. Seems she is in Louisville at a Lady Gaga concert.
I know nothing about Lady Gaga other than the fact her taste in fashion is unique to say the least.
It's interesting, though, that while daughter Calen called, I was watching TV (no big news there) and listening to a promotion of a Time-Life collection of music from the 1980s.
I remember almost all of the songs and was able to sing along. It's good you couldn't hear that. I wouldn't last two seconds on American Idol.
My wife says my memory isn't what it once was. That may be true, but man could I still remember some of those songs!! I also remember what I was doing when listening to some of those tunes for the first time!
(I promise you, it really wasn't that bad).
The songs, though, did bring back many memories. And I can see myself cruising down the highway while listening to those songs.
I can't imagine under what conditions I would be listening to Lady Gaga while driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment