Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Let me begin at the beginning

As a university professor who spent more than 25 years in the newspaper business, all this blogging, twittering and Facebook stuff has me somewhat confused.
Part of me would like to move out in the woods away from electricity and the internet. Yet I am already requested to be notified when Apple is actually selling the ipad.
I embrace changing technology on one hand and yet on the other hand worry about how it is changing our world. Many tell me printed books, newspapers and magazines will disappear. I would like to think they will not. Time will tell.
I believe that the need for facts, the truth, is as great as ever. So that part of journalism will not change. The delivery system likely will.
I am trying to learn all I can about this brave new media world.
This blog is part of that adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment